When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help, putting a Yuki 3135 into a TC case...?

djstone_de

I'm one of the lucky ones to catch a Yuki 3135 when they where available the last time. Now I'm trying to stick it into my TC case with a gen dial attached but i'm having a hard time getting it fixed in there. 

It sit wobbly in there and the diameter of the dial is only a tiny bit larger then the case opening, so it is getting wedged in there all the time when trying to center it and I can't get it to stay in its place. I sourced a pair of gen case screws but they don't seem to hold it in place.

What am i doing wrong…?

I have the current v-series TC Sub case, a genuine 16610 dial and genuine case screws (3135-5100). no movement holder and no tabs right now...

Gould work just fine. The screws need to be screwed in all the way prior to inserting the movement/dial/hands package into the case. Use the cutouts as a guide to which way the movement should be inserted. Once in, align the movement to the stem, insert stem into movement. Then simply release the movement screws out and this is how you keep the movement in there. It is the opposite if using tabs/screws. The movement screws should be all you need.

• 2 years later...

I finished to build 16610 with TC case and Yuki 3135 a couple of weeks ago.

To fix movement into TC case, I realize screws leg length is not enough and even its head.

Then I took londer one but I made damages on date wheel seat as the screw is too much long(about 1mm longer than given depth) and I tried to screwed in completely without knowing it :(

Anyway, I could get the perfect screws and finally fixed them well.

Sorry to unable to state screw's detail size as I also don't know, but well fitting sized screw is much safer than screw with additional thin and tiny plate(forgot what people call it)