When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Pam help

tanner

Hello guys it's been a while since I last posted, but in the mean time I purchased an automatic Pam rep from Andrew. When I received the watch I noticed that the seconds dial wasn't moving and that scared me. I tried to start the watch by gently moving the automatic winder, but unfortunately it doesn't start. I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice on how to start the watch, considering that it is automatic. I contacted Trusty and I am waiting for a response, but I figured I should ask someone with knowledge on what I should do. Thanks guys. Here's the model I ordered: http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_413&products_id=10525

Edited by tanner

Manually wind it, give it 30 or so turns of the manual wind [censored] (after releasing the crown guard of course) and that should set it off running.

Yep, manually wind it and then give it a gentle shake from side-to-side - should get it going.

If that doesn't work, some people reckon giving a watch a slap can kickstart it. I've never had to do it but, if I did, I think I'd hold the watch in the palm of my hand and then slap the back of my hand as hard as I'm prepared to tolerate. If it doesn't work it should at least provide some entertainment for anyone watching. 

• Like 1

Hello guys thanks a lot for responding. I received an email back from Andrew and he gave me a list of instructions to try and get the watch to work. Unfortunately the watch must have arrived DOA,

but Andrew said I can send it back and his watch smith will try and repair it.

I also ordered an Omega seamaster rep from Andrew and it looks great.Once I receive the Pam back from Andrew I will make sure to upload some pics and leave a review.

Have a great day guys and once again, thanks for your help.