When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! CrPO HE valve question

darknight007316

Had the same issue. There is no hole in the case so opening the case and taking out the movement is not the way to go. You have to unscrew the he valve screw from the smale plate which should be attached to the new one and then on the watch itself there is like a thin stick which you have to pull out with a tweezer. Then you should be able to screw it back but be a little patient and let yourself time :inverted:

I had the same issue with my BP CrPO. I used tweezers to hold the stem and twisted the HE valve back on. It's tedious but doable. That's one of of a few reason why I got rid of mine. I now own the LMPO which is a much better Omega rep. Hope this helps.

The HE valve screws onto the stem which has threads on end like a bolt. You have to somehow stabilize the stem so you can screw HE valve on it. Maybe try a small flathead watch screw driver. I can't remember but it may have reverse threads which means you have to turn HE valve counterclockwise. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katt in Minnesota does work. I could probably fix it but no guarantee. Try holding the watch HE valve side down, let gravity work for you then twisted HE cap counterclockwise til it catches the threads ooooor you could just screw it on and forget connecting to stem. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok the one I received from adrew tt had something more on it I first had to take away (the small plate I was talking about). Yours definitely look fine. So just try to do as Indy recommended. And for me it worked aswell with using gravitatino as help ;) Just take yourself 10min of time and be a little patient and you will fix that on your own ;) It was hard for me as well but you will manage it :clap2:

No:( it's really weird. It's like it's the wrong size or something. Even the outer threads won't catch much less getting it to attach to the inner stem. I might have to send it out. Thanks for all of the help and encouragement though!

I'll PM you Katt's info....he's very selective about what work he takes these days. Unfortunately MD2020 was a good watchsmith but is no longer around. He was my go to guy and did all my work no matter how small it was. At this point Katt is the only one I know of. Anyone else know a good rep friendly watchsmith????

Oh sorry to hear that. I know how despreta something like that can get :/ Somehow I don't think its a sizing problem it could be possible. Best tip I can tell you and which was said alraeady is to pull out this inner "stick" a little bit out of the case (it's only about 1mm) and then held the watch that it points to the bottom (use gravitation as ur friend). Then you should slowly try to screw in the HE valve. Problem is that on the HE valve there are like 2 screw threads and subsequently the "stick" must be aligned correctly. Try it again. I can remember that I had to pull the little "stick" out several times and held the movement upside down until it worked ;) Good luck again

• 2 months later...