When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beginning my search

afrodesiac

Hey, I'm a new member from everywhere.

Really though, being a military kid has allowed me to travel the globe in the footsteps of my father, though I've spent most of my life roaming Asian countries. I enjoy travel and love flight and aeronautics growing up around air force fighters and living on military bases all my life.

In the present, being a student, my funds are a scarce resource, if you get the reference. But, being the season of giving... I'm a little more lenient to getting myself something nice.

So I'm in the process of looking for my first. Not my first watch, or rep, but my first quality one.

I'm interested in the old Ingy 3227 or milgauss Gv being in the field (and starting research soon). I also think the Brietling transocean and SOH 42 are great looking.

I understand from my reading that neither in their best form are easy to come by, (GV, Ingy SS band or v2 soh) so I've been and will be scoping out the personal sale boards for and hidden gems. Any pointers in the right direction from the people who read this will be much appreciated. Also, I've only signed up to RWG so far. For members of multiple forums, Do the other forums tend to have more active FS pages? Just curious, I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

Thanks for the read, and Happy Holidays.

-A

Pretty sure you just missed a sale for an Ingy 3227 by a couple days. 

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/165827-good-ingy-3227-good/

But no worries, something you like will always come around. 

Played basketball in a tournament in Hong Kong against military base schools out of Japan when I was in high school.

For a military inspired watch, why not have a look at the Jaeger LeCoultre Navy Seals Diver? It's one of the best reps out there today and has a great rugged feel and look to it. 

Either way, hope you find what you are looking for, welcome to RWG. 

Pretty sure you just missed a sale for an Ingy 3227 by a couple days. 

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/165827-good-ingy-3227-good/

But no worries, something you like will always come around. 

Played basketball in a tournament in Hong Kong against military base schools out of Japan when I was in high school.

For a military inspired watch, why not have a look at the Jaeger LeCoultre Navy Seals Diver? It's one of the best reps out there today and has a great rugged feel and look to it. 

Either way, hope you find what you are looking for, welcome to RWG. 

Man I did come across that recently and realized missed it. That's what's up though, did you go to an international school in HK? Our team went to Far East almost every year. I was at Kadena.

To update on the search, since the watches i'm searching for are rare and almost exclusively need to be ofund on the FS threads, i'm thinking my first will be an Omega Aqua Terra or the new Omega CrPO 600m (42mm) from Angus and the Noobfactory. I'm eyeing the reviews coming out for the new ceramic PO, and although it looks like a near perfect rep, I'd rather have a watch I really want than a "perfect" rep, especially for <$300. Though the CrPo is attractive I haven't seen it in the flesh.

I'm also looking into the new Aqua Terra models, though reviews here have been lukewarm so far. Hopefully the Noobfactory pulls through with their iteration of the ATs, seeing as they just released the near perfect CrPo and the bracelet, caseback and more are most likely interchangeable with the Aqua Terra. I plan on contacting PT few days to see if he has any news on the AT, and if isn't to far off, I just might wait and take my chances on it. If not, it's going to be the CrPO unless something arises on the FS threads that catches my eye.

Here's the new CrPO over at PT if anyone's interested.. pureti.me/product/planet-ocean-professional-ceramic-bezel-42mm-11-noob-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a2836/