When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Going to Saigon,Vietnam for holiday.

paneristi_man

Hi,

Has anyone on this forum been to Saigon or hails from there? If you have any tips on what is interesting to see or places to eat in saigon, please do share. I will only be there for about a week and will spend most of the time in Saigon though I have also planned a side trip to Nha Trang for the resort there.

Let me know what you recommend.

Lastly. do they have any places that sell reps? Might go have a look if there is one.

Cheers

P M

Forget the reps, they 50-150$ junks, similar to Canal St. There are a lot of places to dine at (some local some restaurant): Cuc Gach (southern), Ngu Binh or Mi Tau (best central VN food), Cha Ca La Vong, Ben Thanh Market (day or night for a fun experience), Thien Nam; Bun Rieu Nguyen Canh Chan, Hu Tiu Ca Nam Loi, etc. In Nha Trang, stay at Sheraton if you prefer an active trip (it's by the shore and close to everywhere). In town, try Nem Nuong, Bo Lac Canh, seafood restaurant by the cliff (I forgot the name..). Visit Sailing Club at night, it's like a beach bar. If you prefer relax trip, go to the island resort (Vin Pearl or Six Sense-top notch). Otherwise, visit Da Nang & Hoi An instead.

Edited by wild05kid05
  • Like 1

Forget the reps, they 50-150$ junks, similar to Canal St.

There are a lot of places to dine at (some local some restaurant):

Cuc Gach (southern), Ngu Binh or Mi Tau (best central VN food), Cha Ca La Vong, Ben Thanh Market (day or night for a fun experience), Thien Nam; Bun Rieu Nguyen Canh Chan, Hu Tiu Ca Nam Loi, etc.

In Nha Trang, stay at Sheraton if you prefer an active trip (it's by the shore and close to everywhere). In town, try Nem Nuong, Bo Lac Canh, seafood restaurant by the cliff (I forgot the name..). Visit Sailing Club at night, it's like a beach bar.

If you prefer relax trip, go to the island resort (Vin Pearl or Six Sense-top notch).

Otherwise, visit Da Nang & Hoi An instead.

Agreed with wild05kid05 about every thing and I might want to add Bien Nho in Saigon it has the best seafood and Bach Dang dinner boat ride with food and entertainment. I was there with my wife and kid last year for 3 1/2 weeks and enjoyed every minutes of it. I do not hunt for any rep I figured our TD has the best already so why bother. Enjoy the Vietnamese hospitality because we are the best.

It is hot hot hot.

• Like 1

Agreed with wild05kid05 about every thing and I might want to add Bien Nho in Saigon it has the best seafood and Bach Dang dinner boat ride with food and entertainment. I was there with my wife and kid last year for 3 1/2 weeks and enjoyed every minutes of it. I do not hunt for any rep I figured our TD has the best already so why bother. Enjoy the Vietnamese hospitality because we are the best.

It is hot hot hot.

Is Bien Nho the name of the restaurant or the area? any thing to do with the kids, i have two kids with me, so have to find somethings to keep them entertained though i'm sure the cartoon channels would be on the whole time back in the hotel ;(

ok will not bother with any watch hunting then.