When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP Submariner 114060 ceramic no date (DG2813)

ProMariner

Here is a special piece, introduced at Baselworld in 2012, the very first Submariner ceramic no date version, the 114060 powered by Cal. 3130 Now for the rep, mine is from BP maker, and it is powered by a DG2813 by seagull. I will talk about this movement later in the review. I ordered this watch from Tony, asian7750.com, almost one month ago. I received it yesterday. It has been a long process, well Tony's service is quiet slow but here is not the problem. The thing is that when I received QC pictures, I noticed that the pearl was off centered so I asked Tony if he can change the watch, he told me that he will and when he came back with another QC pictures, it appears that the watch hasn't been changed but the ceramic bezel insert has been swapped with one which is worst than the first. So I asked for another one then he told me that the factory won't accept to change it again. The ceramic bezel insert has been installed and glued twice and it is over glued. The bezel is hard to turn almost impossible because of glue between bezel and sapphire crystal. So not a very good experience with Tony, but I think I will try to buy another watch from him, after all his prices are good. And watches that he has to offer are quiet good quality! Now for the features, as you probably know, BP maker made the best ceramic submariner no date. You have a gen bezel construction (4 springs), good AR, the bezel insert is depth on the markers so not a printed insert, but engraved, the dial is gen like with correct script and printed, everything is aligned, LEC rehaut and markers on the dial. And SEL are perfect the end links fit perfectly between the lugs ! And it is super lumed. The buckle on the bracelet is very poor quality, it came broken, so I added to the bracelet a better one. I am thinking about buying a gen clasp. The bezel insert isn't very well aligned so I will buy one from Andrew (trusty time) and I will clean all the glue to make the bezel turn correctly. I would love to instal a gen bezel insert on it but it is IMPOSSIBLE to find one in ceramic. Rolex controls everything and every aftermarket parts now. And that's pretty much it about the mod that I will do for the moment. Now concerning the movement I choose a DG2813 (21j). Because of reliability, and cost. It is a cheap movement which cost less than 20 bucks and can be easily swapped. Power reserve is good, and it keeps very well time. I don't know if this is f*** luck but mine is pretty accurate I wore the watch 1 entire day and it is at +/-2 sec, the second hand is so smooth. When I saw it first I though I had a 28XX Eta on it until I hear it ticking and I open the case back. Well sometime a DG2813 is better than any other movement because of that. I have been really lucky with those movement. Who has the best sub ? I think the best ceramic sub replica is BP no date. And as I always say : Without the date it is more accurate! Here are the pics: 7e7ate5u.jpg6eda2a9a.jpgjataje9a.jpguvusevu8.jpgyqerynys.jpgajunajuv.jpg2ada3eda.jpgy9aduda4.jpg7a5azy2u.jpge7ymu7yh.jpgzehejeny.jpgydepysuz.jpgga2uhu3e.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...