When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob sub-c v2 clasp issues

djdk541

Hey guys,

My problem is concerning the sub-c v2, which I bought this fall. There is a place where to the left of where it says "rolex" (inside the clasp), where a small "hook" is placed. This hook is for when you close the clasp so it secures that the clasp won't open by itself. This small hook has fallen off (I have been extremely careful with it). I don't think using epoxy glue would solve the problem, because in the end it won't be strong enough to withstand the pressure when closing the clasp.

I am able to use the watch since such a function also exists when you close the clasp (the last step), i.e. where the rolex crown is. But I don't believe this solution should be permanent. 

Please see pictures.

I've contacted both BK and Angus. Angus tells me there are no spare parts available as the maker does not sell them at the moment due to huge pressure on orders. BK tells me he only has a v1 clasp, which is okay, but far from ideal.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Preferably a way to fix my current clasp. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

post-62182-0-86055700-1393610477_thumb.j

post-62182-0-67454700-1393610478_thumb.j

post-62182-0-16214000-1393610479_thumb.j