When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time for the next order

coffindodger

Right its that time again. 2 watches waiting to clear customs so now getting itchy to order the next. 

Need a bit of help with this 1 as I am wanting to order a Rolex Sub from Trusty's but can't make up my mind. Is the 2813,s any good if I fancy a cheepy or best left alone. is the swiss model,s worth paying the extra for? Help please so I don't make a mistake and order the wrong watch. Or is there a better offer anywhere else I can get. Many thanks guys.

if your gonna go for a more expensive sub id look at BK or TC subs or keep an eye out on the sales section everyone and there dog has at some point had a sub so u might pick one up quicker from there 

Hi, so it´s double-fun time again - good times:)

My take on this as follows: going swiss really not worth the while, You don´t know what You get exactly or if You get it at all; Asian ETA is fine, even better, because normally it´s brand new and it´s what You pay for.

Asian 2813 from Trusty: imho really a good choice because You get it for 168$ instead of 268$ which allows You to buy 2 of those. Case-sets identical in all 3 although You have to take a better look at qc for the 2813 ones. I hear purists screaming:) and there is the tiniest, tiniest difference in the seconds sweeping - it´s so hard to tell You don´t even notice. Difference to the Asian ETA is the swinging of the rotor but you get used to it so it doesn´t swing in a silent room when You don´t want it to. Timekeeping may be spot-on or up to 1 minute deviation per day. Workhorse movement, reliability is fine.

Rolsub 090a is a nice choice and it´s got a very good dial, this 16600 classic Seadweller  http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=10934 for 188$ even has a highbeat movement and is stated as "factory-waterproofed" which is a good starting point to wp it.

Superlume is super, imho get both or the SD + the Batman GMT:)