When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

About to buy a Sub 16610LV (Put my mind at ease?)

dusk

Hi Guys, as I am new to this I have decided on a 16610LV Sub from Trusty Time.

I dont mind spending the extra money on the swiss movement $338 but is anything to be gained over the Asian at $248

Is the the best off the peg at this time or should I be looking at other models? I have searched and read quite a bit but i'm still confused with this - sorry -

I cant upload links to the watches due to my post count. Any advice appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Like many, you came here because of the "perfect sub". Nevertheles, it is a nice watch but to be straight forward trustys sub and all other subs td's carry are bad. Better is new ceramic version or tc, wm9, bk models. They are all sold out at the moment but if you are lucky you find one in the m2m sales section.

Rather safe the money for a service when it comes to the upgrade of swiss movement. Bp maker (what trusty has mostly) use refurbished or just old swiss movements that are dirty and dry. Most asian movements are brand new and most of the times just as reliable ;) this is just my opinion and I guess everybody has his own choice.

If you just like the subtle look of the classic sub go for the sea dweller trusty sells which you get for under 200usd. This is way more accurate then the sub and would be a great rep. Stick to the forum and you will learn quickly! Please safe the money and wait until either tc releases a new sub (probably pretty soon) or find a nice tc 16610lv in the m2m section. You will be much much happier than with the current out if the box sub. Cheers and hope it helps ;)

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum. Like many, you came here because of the "perfect sub". Nevertheles, it is a nice watch but to be straight forward trustys sub and all other subs td's carry are bad. Better is new ceramic version or tc, wm9, bk models. They are all sold out at the moment but if you are lucky you find one in the m2m sales section.

Rather safe the money for a service when it comes to the upgrade of swiss movement. Bp maker (what trusty has mostly) use refurbished or just old swiss movements that are dirty and dry. Most asian movements are brand new and most of the times just as reliable ;) this is just my opinion and I guess everybody has his own choice.

If you just like the subtle look of the classic sub go for the sea dweller trusty sells which you get for under 200usd. This is way more accurate then the sub and would be a great rep. Stick to the forum and you will learn quickly! Please safe the money and wait until either tc releases a new sub (probably pretty soon) or find a nice tc 16610lv in the m2m section. You will be much much happier than with the current out if the box sub. Cheers and hope it helps ;)

Fantastic advice there and just what I need. Thanks for taking the time to reply! I will sit tight or go for the sea dweller...  :)

Yup it's a bp ceramic sub..fairly accurate and nice looking piece :)

Here's the exact piece: http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=10415

Just threw it on a 'Bond' NATO and I think it looks great. Crown and stem mechanism wasn't assembled well.. I still need to see if I can do a self repair. Manual winding is hit or miss.. the crown doesn't always "catch" and sometimes just spins idly. My intention was always to keep this as a casual piece. Not concerned if it gets banged around at all. As far as accuracy is concerned, I don't see any glaring gotchas that I might get called out on (please correct me if I'm wrong), but then again, I'm not one to micro-manage a replica -- i.e. "The "R" in Rolex is 1 / 40th of a micro off center and is thereby an epic failure of a production run." If it's going to fall apart in 5 years, so be it -- but again, it there's anything very wrong with this particular rep, I'd like to hear about it.

Update. Within a few hours of ordering this

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=849

With fancy pants (expensive) movement (normal were out of stock) :( I had a pm about another (special) one in black. So it looks like in getting a ceramic v3 noob green bezel black face and a modified all black v2. (Sorry I'm not able to reel off model names yet) so it looks like I have two on the way. It's a hardship but I'll survive. Can't wait to see the results.

Edited by Dusk

so are you putting a green insert on a black face ln v3 ?

so are you putting a green insert on a black face ln v3 ?

No I've bought a bk v2 black plus the watch in the link but black face with green bezel. It's just how it happened. I'll be happy with the bk v3 noob I'm sure but I'm not sure how well the v3 green bezel/ black face will turn out albeit my favourite combo ever