When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New forum for posting the funniest sales threads from elsewhere, please! :)

fraggle42

"I got this watch, then had it properly serviced and cleaned, then it broke down a few weeks later, so I sent it back to the TD who replaced it. Now I expect the buyer to pay for the service to the original watch which is in a bin at the TDs...." (the story changed a few posts later to it was repaired by the TD)

"Some very minor marks, had it a week" (looks like my motorbike after sliding on its side on gravel for 20 feet!!!)

Some m2M ads make me a bit annoyed, but some lately just make me laugh out loud, I honestly can't decide if these people are for real or if it's an April 1st joke?

Sadly you're right.

The sensible way of responding would be to post a polite reply breaking down the exact cost of what they have and how much they are asking, and even if lots of others agree with what you've posted, the seller usually gets the hump and then isn't in a frame of mind to see they're doing anything wrong.

Or alternatively just point and laugh at them :)

Hmm, I wonder if a "Weekly Deal Spotter" general post would work, where you go through the TDs and find their good deals and the post them all (say limit it to half a dozen) - that might hopefully enlighten these potential buyers to what they can get new for the same cost or cheaper.