When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM292 ceramic problems [lugs..]

Hello dear watch.. am.. maniacs?

Wanted to add my self to "have problem with pam292 ceramic lugs" category.. Ordered precious Ceramic Radiomir from MsKing and was very happy on arrival. Lume is crazy good and watch looks insanely well made. Unfortunately (I knew this problem from other members in previous posts), just third time I tried on this watch and suddenly @BAM!@ - one lug is missing  When I noticed it was already gone. "Luckily" watch did not fall and no screws were lost, so emailed MsKing and free replacement is in the air flying my way (should get it in some 1-2 weeks).

Couple of sad pictures below:

http://www.supermokyklele.lt/20140403_203720.jpg

http://supermokyklele.lt/20140403_211314.jpg

Now what options do I have? Glue it and cement it forever with no way back about changing strap ever again?

any other suggestions?

Anyway, wanted also to ask, how is the quality of default strap that comes with ceramic PAM292 (H factory) in you opinion? Very bad quality? Or Tolerable?

I am seriously thinking to upgrade but wanted to ask your thoughts. Maybe someone already found perfect replacement for this black ceramic piece of timekeeping?

I found some good reviews on this one: http://www.thewatchboys.com/black-italian-leather-with-black-stitch-for-tang-buckle-p-251.html .

Looks good, feels good and is very similar to default strap. Thats what I NEED! Unfortunately - out of stock.. [for a long time]. Maybe there is someone here willing to sell something similar? [my location Europe, Lithuania]

So guys, spare your 2 cents and give me some insight for my situation, what should you do?

1) just wait for new lug -> place it back in the hole and forget/hope that it will never fall again

2) superglue + default strap

3) superglue + new/better strap (options?)

4) any other magic that works

Wait for new lug, buy some locktite (of the correct colour, blue will be fine for this), then take all 4 screws out, dab of locktite on the threads of each screw, put back in again, tighten to hold lug firmly, (with strap on obviously).

The locktite will stop the screws from coming loose and the lug falling out BUT it can still be removed - just takes more force than usual, and sometimes a bit of heat.

• Like 1

Thanks Fraggle!! Thought that with locktite its one way ticket :)

So as this is solved, any suggestions for new Gen type (black leather, black stitches, 26(7)/22mm) strap for this pam292 ?

How much is not too much? Will I notice difference with new strap under 50USD from H factory default REP strap for this watch?

Come on PAM292 owners, share your experience - what did you do with the strap? 

1) Use default that came with the rep 

2) Bought new one (suggestions, price range etc.?)

3) Facepalm for my dumb questions :)

Edited by zhinios@gmail.com

Loctite produce a whole load of stuff now, including superglue, but they started out producing their Threadlocker and that's the stuff I'm talking about.

Here:-

http://www.henkelna.com/industrial/purple-threadlockers-small-thread-low-strength-13233.htm

They produce a "purple" one which is for nuts and bolts < 6mm dia which would be perfect for this. (the blue I recomended is the next one up and may be too tough to undo it again)

Can't help you with the strap, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait for the replacement lug. I wouldn't use loctite cause it's somewhat of a permanent fix unless you don't change straps often. I own the same watch and knew about this issue so I ordered an extra set of lugs with the watch from Toro. So far mine is solid but I don't wear it often. Great watch though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free