When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing links from metal strap on replica Seiko.

clive

Can someone assist in telling me how to take links out of the supplied metal strap on a rep Seiko that I have acquired. I've done most every other type but this one beats me. It doesn't have any pins, arrows or holes to release a metal tag.  I have attached some pictures.  The upper side of the bracelet looks good but the inside is frankly a bit of a mess. Help please, Clive

post-57854-0-60927300-1399393580_thumb.j

post-57854-0-92605400-1399393688_thumb.j

Hi can´t tell from the pics but normally on the inside of the Seikos somewhere You find arrows with a pointing direction (small). On the opposite side you just push in a small screwdriver and turn and pry and push. It should open and after an eternity a stupid long pin comes out. Scratches unavoidable, for me at least. Really don´t know if that´s the system try Youtube for a better view. Wish You good luck.

• Like 1

From the photos it almost looks like they have just squeezed the ends of the links shut to hold in the pin? If so you can probably bend one side open on two adjacent links and remove the bars, remove one link and put back together.

Very cheap!

Or an alternative that I would consider is getting another cheap bracelet or mesh from eBay. They are cheap enough and can be adjusted normally.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Thanks for your help.  The process is in fact real easy.  All you have to do is bend back the 2 tags on the joiners where they thread from the outside to the inside (they are gold plated on the outside in this case).  The entire link can now be removed.  Thread the bent back joiner tags back through the strap and then bend back the tags to secure after the desired number of links have been removed.  See attachment.  Cheers, Clive

seiko_strap.pdf