When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gritty hand-wound movement on PAM 026k

Robato

Hi guys,

Just bought PAM 026K a week ago from a local dealer in my country. He said that this 026K is from noob factory. I'm unable to open the caseback (don't have sticky ball), so I'm not sure what movement inside the watch.

The movement itself runs well, My only concern is, the crown felt a little gritty when I set the time, unlike my noob 111. The 111 felt smooth. When I wind the 026K, the spring back action creates a sound. Makes me wonder because this didn't happen with my 111. Is this normal for hand-wound movement? Have you guys experience this? 

Some pics:

post-50737-0-98077000-1401030710_thumb.j

post-50737-0-62423900-1401030742_thumb.j

post-50737-0-50093500-1401030779_thumb.j

Guest mikemcnair

Grab a ball of duct tape and have the sticky side out, press on case back, rotate, and remove the caseback.

You mentioned the gritty feeling while setting the time, so this could be debris on the hour and minute wheels. This would require you to remove the hands and dial, take off the wheels, clean and reassemble with the proper lubrication.

If the gritty feeling is only when winding the movement, you can likely just remove the winding mechanism and clean and lube that. (Paying close attention to the click spring and it's proper installation and lubrication.) this can be done (if you MUST) with the movement in the watch still.

It all depends on your comfort level with disassembly etc of a movement.