When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Portofino - on the fence, and I think I need somebody to push me over the edge....

Daryl80

Hi All,

Despite buying and selling many reps, I find myself always coming back to the Portofino.

But never have been able to pull the trigger due to something I can't explain?

Price? Simplicity? Not enough like gen., could never put my finger on it, but never bought one.

So now I find this

http://www.p-cls.com/iwpt00994-portofino-automatic-ssle-grey-asia-2892-p-12366.html

With what appears to be an ardoise dial, this would go perfect with my santoni strap so should I get it.

There's been minimal review and comments on the Portofinos let alone this model, so really don't have a reference point. Can anybody help bone decide whether I should get it or not? Or is there something else I should get.....

Decisions decisions..... Hehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I once had the silver sunburst dial version on a gen IWC strap. It is a very classy dress watch but it always seemed to wear small even for a 39mm. I have a 7.5" wrist and it always seemed lost. I have the FA Jones and a IWC Vintage that seem to fit me better. Try and find some wrist shots to see how it looks to you. Otherwise it was a really good rep, with a nice quality look and feel.