When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars Piguet 15400 next but which factory?

dusk

Since I got my safari amd fc v3 I am hooked wit ap's aswell. I will get the blue dial myiota soon :) only thing you should pay attention to is the logo on tha dial cause it's often crooked. Except from that it must be a quality piece :)

Thanks buddy, it's a stunning piece. Modern successor to the sub? Who know but they are bloody gorgeous.

I'm a fly fisher also. Mainly in Scotland ;-)

I´d buy the 15400 Miyota Version (I think it´s made by Z-Factory).

It is almost as high as the Gen version and the bezel screws are sunken :)

Myota keeps coming up in my research. I went for the v6 which is J(something) and it is magnificent. They myota sounds like a good plan. I will wait till payday to buy this beauty

The Myota has the best movement and deco on the movement as well not only the rotor, has 3 screws in the center of the rotor (just looks good) and it´s the thinnest (also good. Best logo as well - unfortunately either the markers at 12 are not parallel or the logo is off center or twisted somehow in too many samples. As the diver is black I would really consider the blue one (white too pale but doable, silver too blingy, black too black together with the diver).

earlier model: Ryan´s BP version when You still got Swiss ETA´s (its 1 mm thicker)

AP1024seas_framed2790.jpg

• Like 1

Yes the blue dial would appeal. It would be different as you say and tie in with the diving theme. I see the 12 markers too, I think I would go insane with that. Still seems the way to go with myota but watch for these issues,