When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Egi accuracy

wooky492

Hello brothers (& sisters ;-))

I've caught a bug for Big Egi and am considering buying 60mm version from Angus.

(No please don't convince me to get 47, 48, or 52mm version. I've made up my mind to indulge myself with the absurdity :-D)

Through out the threads regarding Egi, i have not yet seen anyone doing a proper review of it. Most of them are about modifications or custom made Egi)

So before i squeaze the trigger, .... how accurately is Egi repped? Also how's the build quality? I've seen someone mention not to get <$200 version because they are wobbly.

What about the $290 version?

Anyone have it in their collection to give me some guidance?

Much appreciated for some enlightment

Ok. Here are some pics i stole from the net.

Since i'm asking Egi owners for the advise, i thought pictures are not necessary... but, i guess i might as well entertain everyone else with it too. :-)

So, For people not familiar with the term egi,

It's proper name is Pam 341 Egiziano.

So here they come;

yzahu3e8.jpg

esynedyg.jpg

gyqa7yze.jpg

atu4ymer.jpg

na7asava.jpg

6a8aryje.jpg

9ymuga6y.jpg

hymemuby.jpg

Some comparison shots and funny wristies ;-D

nu6e8u8e.jpg

vagaba2u.jpg

dedapuse.jpg

2epy2e8y.jpg

je4e7e8u.jpg

7e5e8u5u.jpg

anynenuj.jpg

Yea those shots are rediculous but those photos were intended to be funny. Not the wristy of the actual owners.

What i gathered from looking at all those photos is that it's not the wrist size but upperbody dimention that dictates if this watch suits any particular person. For example Arnie does not have +9inch wrist and Sly is not a overwhelmingly a big person. Probably not even 6ft tall.

I saw a wristy of a member in gen forum who is about 5.8" and has a wrist of 6.75 and it fits perfect on him. (He has a good musclular upperbody from the pic)

I am an Asian but 6ft tall 185 pounds. Thick upper frame too. That's why even a bretling Super Avenger (SA)look ok on me. (People even warned me about the SA for its rediculous size. So i don't believe a word until i actually have it on my wrist. Beside, most people who actually own them seem to be pretty happy with wearing it.