When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HATTORI Y121 stem removal

clive

Hi there.  I have a Konigswerk watch which I bought for a very good price on sale.  This watch is fitted with a Hattori/Epson Y121 variant look-alike movement with no writing on it, so we can assume it is of chinese origin.  The Japanese (original) version of this movement spells out clearly where to push to release the stem.  Can anyone confirm that I have got this right as I don't want to mess anything up inadvertently.  I need to take the movement out, as the day-of-week indicator dial at 12 o'clock has a loose hand and, although it sets without problem, it moves on its own without much provocation.

Thanks, Clive.

Konigswek_movement.pdf

One could guess that a rep movement wouldn't replicate all the small details such as this "Push" writing, just doing the maker and model numbers and symbols (like ETA reps).

If it were me I'd assume that it is the same, and take it slowly and gently. If things aren't moving with the pressure you would expect to apply to a stem release pusher, don't force it.