When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorler II Problem

kbobk

I orderd a few reps last month and they landed today. Was real excited to open them up and strap them on, but unfortuantly two of the watches have issues. One of them is an Explorer II (Tursty-watch item #ROLEXP2033 - 2011 Explorer II 42mm White ROLEXP2033) which has an issue where the second hand sweeps nice but the minute and hour hands don't go from the movement. I can set the time with the crown, but it won't keep time. The second hand just keeps ticking around but the minute and hour never move...

Pretty dissapointing as this one and a Omega 45mm PO are both on the higher end for rep's and I can't enjoy either of them. I would rather send to a local (Houston) or at least a good watchsmith in the US who can service them and get them sorted... Any advice?

Hi, that´s bad luck right on 2 of them. Did You try wearing the explorer for a few hours just to see if maybe it picks up?

Wait for somebody to come up with a US - watchsmith. Nowadays I just think the easiest is to throw in a new us-bought movement from O. Frey and have everything changed over.

Next time try Supermirrors or Toro, hopefully with better luck.