When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO RG vs Black theme 2014

divinium

Hello everyone and thanks for having me in the forum, i have been reading into rep watches in this and other forums for a month now, and think that now im educated enough on the topic to ask proper questions. so far i have a gen rolex sub, but want a watch not everyone has. my three favorites are

1. the royal oak cronograph

2. royal oak offshore chronograph RG

3. the royal oak offshore black theme.

As i want the best rep possible, pruetime has now the 2014 jf black themes. its superlumed and AR coated so i wont have to mod that.

however i would rather want the offshore chronograph RG since its less similar to my submariner. i read that some of the gold plating may fade and the rubber might peel. i prefer the clasp on the 2014 black themes to the deployant clasp on the RG model though.

the watch is not going to be my daily beater, that place takes my submariner, but i want something for going out to dinner etc and something that will last for a couple of years. how does the movement of the two watches compare? is the 2014 jf more reliable (both A7750 right?)  what would you chose in my position. thanks alot  in advance.

ps i need it in a 42mm since i got 6,7" wrists...

Welcome aboard this forum, have fun, enjoy pics and threads and contribute your opinion to rep watches.

here are some answers to your above posted questions:

1) RO chronograph .... there is no good rep atm for this series due to the gen movement that does not have a good equivalent in the rep-world (there is a quarz version though)
2) ROO chronograph in rosegold ... there are now several options.

• ROO RCRG ... the Rubberclad that is with dark grey dial, black subdials, a rubber bezel and a rubber strap in black ... very nice watch, very accurate to the gen
  • ROO Don Ramon de la Cruz .. . in rosegold with a brown hornback leather strap ... nice watch but take into account, you´ll need a new, good hornback croc strap for this (around 140$ - 300$ depending on the strapmaker you choose)
  • ROO Marcus edition ... this one is loud with it´s black dial and red numbers/pushers/crown ... not for everyone
  • ROO rosegold with white dial ... a newly released piece that can be had with a gold bracelet as well ... wonderful new piece
  • ROO rosegold 2014 edition with RG dial and RG bracelet/or leather strap ... atm only from NOOB with a dial color that is a tad off the gen ... J12 will release their version soon, worth the wait for comparison
  • ..... several other RG ROO´s, just have a look at the dealers pages (e.g. Pure-Time.com)

3) a. ROO BlacK Themes ... the most accurate rep of a gen AP for long time, deserves a ss bracelet, but can handle rubber and leather equaly (dress-up / dress-down)

3) b. ROO Black Themes 2014 ... with ceramic crown and ceramic pushers. Nicely replicated by J12, awesome look, the rep-hornback strap is quite nice, so with this one you cannot go wrong and do not need to upgrade anything!

Hope this is helpfull for you, GLWP

Dr. Theo

Edited by MADRED7
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...