When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen Sapphire Crystals

sam_tgg

Hi,

I ruined my "sappire crystal" scratching it. :shock::(

So I would like to change it for a real sapphire one. The watch is a 090 PAM from Andrew. The only way that I have found for a sapphire glass is the Davidsen.

I have three questions: is there an alternative?

I read that the cases of the Davidsen are not the same size that another PAMs, so, can I use it in my 090?

And at last: how complicate is to swap it. I heard everything: from need to buy a press, to make it by owm hands...

thank you for your help. I am really :x with me for scratchinmg my watch!!!

Sam

Merry Xmas

Hi,

I ruined my "sappire crystal" scratching it. :shock::(

So I would like to change it for a real sapphire one. The watch is a 090 PAM from Andrew. The only way that I have found for a sapphire glass is the Davidsen.

I have three questions: is there an alternative?

I read that the cases of the Davidsen are not the same size that another PAMs, so, can I use it in my 090?

And at last: how complicate is to swap it. I heard everything: from need to buy a press, to make it by owm hands...

thank you for your help. I am really :x with me for scratchinmg my watch!!!

Sam

Merry Xmas

If you can provide the precise dimensions, I may be able to locate a crystal for you. Be aware, however, that genuine sapphire in PAM sizes is not cheap. We're probably looking at $75ish USD or so.

FWIW

Jimmy Fu (jimmyzfu on ebay) sells crystals that, while not sapphire, are quite scratch-resistant and cheap -- you might get one for 15-25 USD, depending on the auction.

They are top-notch glass with anti-scratch coating and AR coating. They also come with a teflon gasket.

They are 35.5mm, and the gasket make them usable to replace 35.6-35.7mm crystals as well.

Another option is asking Andrew. He is very helpful, if he can sort a crystal for you then he will do.

Sam, you should take the crystal off the watch and measure its diameter by a digital caliper.

That is the only way to get sure of what size you need.