When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Fiddy Died Then Came Back To Life

hambone

Just got it a month ago, and it is his latest "most updated" version. It just stopped ticking and it is a mystery. I am very careful with it, and it was not wound too tightly or anything. I emailed the dealer, Davidsen, and he insisted I send it back to him for repair/replacement which is all anyone could hope to ask for in this situation.

Update.....Hours later, I wound it backwards and it began ticking again, stopped again and the same trick worked once more. Will send it back though as this seems out of the ordinairy. It is not a 6497-1 movment either. :black_eye:

Just got it a month ago, and it is his latest "most updated" version. It just stopped ticking and it is a mystery. I am very careful with it, and it was not wound too tightly or anything. I emailed David and am waiting for an answer. Is anyone familiar with this problem? I am kind of surprised as I thought this is a swiss movement. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

engraved movement with [censored] problem?

read The Zigmeisters post

TB, The Zigmeisters post on the subject is excellent indeed and may very well be the cause of the problem. I do think though that for the expense of 360.00 that the dealer should take it back and fix it after the watch failed within only 30 days. I feel confident it will be worked out.

Development......I started to wind the crown backwards, as it was fully wound and stopped, and low and behold the fiddy began ticking again :yeah: This is a most pleasant shift of events. Does anyone have a clue why this happened? Should I be prepared for it again? BTW here is a pic of the fiddy with a Greg strap.

169983-10028.jpg

my guess is one of the caseclamps became lose and blocked the movement and is now in a different place. Do you hear something ratteling inside?

Actually, yes, when I shake the watch I can hear a rather heavy clinking sound. Thats a good diagnosis slay. When Davidsen repairs it that may very well be what he finds, so it will be interesting to find out for certain.