When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Ladymatic, crown problem

adam13

So I just received my order from watchinternational. I unwrap the watch and try to wind it and crown comes off... 

I email them back and they are on holiday, in the mean time. What Can I do to fix it ?

And if you guys notice in the 2nd attachment, the crown is purple. and looks so fake on the watch, any idea why would it be purple? I looked at alot of genuines and never saw it purple

post-55753-0-09328000-1424356547_thumb.j

post-55753-0-96848500-1424356548_thumb.j

The purple is a blue translucent sticker to protect the crown during shipping - just peel it off.

As for the actual problem, can you try to take a better picture of the detached crown and stem? That picture is really out of focus and it is difficult to see what is going on but it looks like the crown itself is damaged and not just detached from the stem. You may be able to reassemble the crown and thread the stem back in but this will require a little work and some know-how

• Like 1

Do these use a push in crown or does it screw down. It appears that the crown cap has become detached from the base of the crown. You could probably remove the stem and base of the crown from the watch and then reattach the base to the cap. It might need to be glued as it probably broken but it should still function. It looks like that O-ring might be what holds the crown together and since it has split the crown has come apart.

I have not dealt with a Ladymatic before and am just going on the pictures and how it appears the crown was assembled and what you might do to fix it. You may be able to source a new crown for the watch and just install that so I wouldn't jump into a repair unless you are sure you can fix it or will be happy with it.

Good luck Adam, maybe someone else will be able to give you more specific advice to repair the crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

So I contacted Watch international the moment I got the watch, and they told me they will send me a new crown and stem and they were nice about it,

But Its been over 25 days now and I still haven't heard from them, I send them emails asking about the status and if they sent it or not ... no reply what so ever

Is that to be expected from watch international ? or are they on holiday or something ?