When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

42MM Yachtmaster II?

busetinha

I was browsing the selection of Yachtmaster II's on Trusty Time's website and I came across this:

http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=12945

The description says "1:1 dimensions against the genuine" but is listed as 42mm....I've been Googling for the past 40 minutes and all the genuine specs seem to have the YMII as a 44mm....has anyone ever heard of a genuine YMII being 42mm?

I got mine from TT and yes its 42mm but it does look bigger. Also the countdown feature doesn't work (the hand is glued on the dial). I knew this before I purchased so I wasn't surprised when I received it. A couple of other picky things - The blue bezel is not the same blue on the dial but I'm not sure if its supposed to match? Also the etched crown a 6 is too close to the edge and is cut-off slightly. Otherwise its a really nice watch and I would definitely recommend. 

Also just noticed that you're looking at a plated watch. My understand is that the plating wears off pretty quick that why I stuck with the ss/ss. I was originally looking at the rose gold 2 tone.

I was aware of the countdown feature, I'm fine with it... I know that the cheaper models have an issue with the gold wearing off, but this one is supposedly plated with actual 18k (according to the description, anyway...but clearly there's other errors in the description, so i wont keep my fingers crossed lol)....So, I'm hoping it lasts. I'll follow up to this with an update when it arrives, and i'll post some pics.