When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5512 & 5513 Gilt Dials from Yuki Just Landed

UmpaHimself

I received these two dials today and I am getting very excited. I just sent my 1680 out yesterday to get modded by Kenny next door, and now after a few weeks of waiting my Yuki dials arrived. They look great! Especially the gilt 5513. I am not sure if it is printed gold or actually gilt but they do have a very gold leaf look to them and very flat. Not like the metallic gold print used on my gen Black Bay. I thought I was going to have to get these relumed but actually they look pretty great as is so I might save a few bucks. The 5512 white looks good as well. The font spacing is definitely more consistent then on my MBW dial and it has a glossy finish to it although I don't think it's as close to gen as I originally thought. But for the price I am very happy with it. I can't wait to get dials fitted, unfortunately since I suck at removing hands I am going to see if one of our watchmakers can do it for me.

bUP54sh.jpg

Ijzc3B3.jpg

h7BSbI8.jpg

Nice pickups, I really like the gilt one and the crown format on the other. Still a puffy re-lume on the gilt could take it to gorgeous and be much more cost-effective now that it isn´t mounted yet. Longterm it´s the small irregularities, shadows and minor lume differences on each marker and seen through the plexi that make them so attractive to me - instead of each dot being exactly the same to the next like on a modern sub. 

The white could be kept as is.