When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what´s the problem with new Daytonas

GarKinG

I have ordered during this moth four 2005 Daytonas from a reputable dealer of this forum. I had problems with two of them. Same problem on both, watch suddenly stops after run very slow for a while, both were fixed with a service ( cleaned and oiled). it does not seem normal to me that a movement so obtained as the new asian 7750 comes in so poor conditions of use, and I am affraid it´s no problem of the dealer, but the manufacturers, and I am affraid too that this is not an aacidental problem IMO.

Please IYO?........

I have ordered during this moth four 2005 Daytonas from a reputable dealer of this forum. I had problems with two of them. Same problem on both, watch suddenly stops after run very slow for a while, both were fixed with a service ( cleaned and oiled). it does not seem normal to me that a movement so obtained as the new asian 7750 comes in so poor conditions of use, and I am affraid it´s no problem of the dealer, but the manufacturers, and I am affraid too that this is not an aacidental problem IMO.

Please IYO?........

Look for The Zigmeister's teardown post of this application for the 7750 and see what he thinks of the Daytona rep with the seconds running at 6. There's just so much extra load with the modifications necessary to shift the subdials all over the face like they have done.

what i find is when the caseback is screwed on tight... the flywheel/rotor (whatchamacallit) is not able to spin freely when you move your hand or wrist... therefore... you need to wind it manually everyday, or... loosen the caseback...

not sure if there is a way to fix this problem...