When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crystal Replacement On Omega Gmt Blue

dgruter

I recently purchased an Omega GMT Blue (James Bond) from one of our respected dealers. The watch is great and very accurate. However, I was out partying all night, and in the morning noticed that the crystal has a pretty bad and deep scratch on it, and do not recall how it came to be. The watch is supposed to come with scratch resistant saffire, so I don't know how this could have happened. I do know that direct hits to the glass can shatter it, but I though that these crystals don't scratch. I am thinking of contacting the dealer and discuss this with him.

However, does anybody know if I can switch my damaged crystal for a genuine (sold by Ofrei). If so what is the case number for the Omega GMT Blue (James Bond).

I recently purchased an Omega GMT Blue (James Bond) from one of our respected dealers. The watch is great and very accurate. However, I was out partying all night, and in the morning noticed that the crystal has a pretty bad and deep scratch on it, and do not recall how it came to be. The watch is supposed to come with scratch resistant saffire, so I don't know how this could have happened. I do know that direct hits to the glass can shatter it, but I though that these crystals don't scratch. I am thinking of contacting the dealer and discuss this with him.

However, does anybody know if I can switch my damaged crystal for a genuine (sold by Ofrei). If so what is the case number for the Omega GMT Blue (James Bond).

Anyone who can scratch sapphire while partying and not recall how must have been having a great time. Excellent. Pop the crystal and measure the diameter and thickness with a set of calipers. It's the only way to know what will fit.

PS, I doubt it is actually sapphire. :)

Does anyone know or have a list of the case number's that correspond to our reps (e.g. Planet Ocean 45.5MM - case number _____; Omega GMT Blue James Bond - case number ___________). Unfortunately, Ofrei lists its replacement crystals by case number and not model number.

Does anyone know or have a list of the case number's that correspond to our reps (e.g. Planet Ocean 45.5MM - case number _____; Omega GMT Blue James Bond - case number ___________). Unfortunately, Ofrei lists its replacement crystals by case number and not model number.

There's no guarantee that the gen crystal is going to fit. Like I said, you're going to want to measure the crystal in your watch and then buy a correctly sized replacement.