When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date wheel overlay needed

richard591

Another one for the experts who may have some spares.

I'm setting up another spare 2836 movement complete with dial and hands, ready to drop into a case when the original is out for service. Unfortunately, the DWO I had is too marked and not useable. I'm therefore in need of a DWO or complete date wheel with DWO fitted if anyone has one they'd like to sell. However, I have two other spare date wheels, so a DWO with correct Rolex font would do on its own. This is preferable to dismantling the dial, hands and datewheel before sending the movement off.

This is to fit into a Noob V6s DSSD for which I obtained the dial and hands last year from Ryan at Intime. However, although he did a sterling job in the end, just getting those was a nightmare  and I would prefer not to repeat that.

If anyone can spare one or point me in the direction of an easy buy, I would appreciate it.

I'm also looking at the latest Baselworld 2017 Seadweller single red with some interest. Of the two likely candidates, the Noob version and the ARF version look the best. The ARF (more expensive) uses the 2824 movement and the Noob the 2836. Since all mine are 2836 movements, that would be the preference for simplicity, but I assume most of the critical parts are interchangeable, as the 2824 is just the non-day version of the 2836.

Any views on which is currently considered best would be appreciated. I must confess my two Noob V6s DSSD's (Black & D-Blue) have not disappointed in the time i've had them.