When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New ARF Seadweller Baselworld 2017 V2 single red

richard591

So, after overcoming the bank payment problems detailed in my last post, the new Seadweller turned up today from Ryan at Intime. I therefore thought it sensible to share the latest experience with others who may be in the process of considering ordering.

Having approved the QA photos, it was sent via DHL on the 19th and arrived this morning. I think that's bloody good service and faster than the last one. Ryan was, as before, very prompt and personal with his messages after the bank initially refused to pay.

Initial impression is that it's all that I expected and quite stunning for the money. Being a bit less chunky than my DSSD's it sits perhaps a little more naturally on the wrist and again raises the thought in my simple mind as to just how do they do this for the price?

The bracelet is said to be 904L stainless as opposed to 316L, but I can see absolutely no difference when comparing it with my DSSD and wonder if that's just not a sales gimic. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy to be shot down on that one if anyone knows different.

During the debacle with the bank not wanting to pay Intime and as a matter of expediency, I also contacted Puretime and Trustytime (both TD's) to see if they had the same model in stock in case the payment problem with Intime was unsolvable. I have to say I was slightly disappointed at the lack of prompt response. This makes me wonder if all these dealers are in fact one in the same outfit and linked via a common database, just trading under different names to spread the load and make things more difficult to stop by those who would like to. Again, happy to be corrected with that also if not the case.

Anyway, now starts the tedious work of regulating the new watch to the standard I know the movements are capable of, followed by the final full waterproofing as detailed in other posts on this forum. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I just don't believe the QA photos of the timeograph which show it being +4 secs/day at present. None of my others were correct either. Hey-ho, I'll know by Sunday or Monday evening.

Have a good weekend everyone.