When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting your rep serviced

richard591

This is just an update to a post I made a couple of years ago. At that time I found a watchmaker in the UK who is quite happy to service reps. His name is Chris Heal and his website is:- info@chealwatch.com he's based in kent.

He has serviced two 2836 movements for me over the past few years. Last year I bought the latest addition, the Baselworld 2017 Seadweller with 2824 movement. All was OK for about 10 months until it showed the usual signs of slowing down too much, a usual sign of lack of lubrication which even my genuine waches display after about 5/6 years. I therefore sent the whole watch off to Chris , who serviced it, checked it all over for other possible faults and sent it back to me in France. Total cost, inc post, was £80, which I consider very good indeed. Time taken , inc post, was about 4 weeks. So, if you live in the UK, or somewhere close in Europe like me, this may come in handy for some of you if things go wrong.Hope this is helpful.

Edited by richard591
  • Thanks 1