When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TAG Heuer Avant Garde Chronographs Inspired by Motor Racing

Quarks

Posted Feb 15th 2006 12:05PM by Deidre Woollard

Filed under: Timepieces

TAG Heuer has a long history of racing and car inspired watches. Now they have created Avant-Garde chronographs inspired by legends of motor racing. Models include the TAG Heuer SLR for Mercedes-Benz, a new chronograph that comes in a limited edition of 3,500, shown here. The 43mm watch has its pushbuttons positioned on the top of the case, ergonomically inclined at 45 degrees and there is a second crown at 9 o'clock. The exterior bezel is polished in black finish and engraved "SLR." There are ten double index diamond facets and two rhodium-plated rings circle the counters at 3 and 9 o'clock. The new Carrera Tachymeter Racing (shown after the jump) has a tachymeter on its fixed bezel for calculating speed, red needles and beveled indexes and a rubber bracelet. This new watch will be available in April 2006. Tag Heuer is also launching a new Monaco Vintage Limited Edition to celebrate Steve McQueen's 75th birthday. The new version has a white dial with the red, white, and blue bands of the driving suit that the late actor wore in the movie Le Mans. It is available in a limited edition of 4,000.

http://www.luxist.com/2006/02/15/tag-heuer...y-motor-racing/

16919-3132.jpg

16919-3133.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These two, my friends, have gotten me too excited. :play_ball:

I wonder how much they costs?

Edited by Quarks

WARNING: LARGE PICS (Not that you can do anything since you have already click on the thread :lol: )

17073-3081.jpg

17073-3082.jpg

17073-3083.jpg

This watch is 43mm so I guess I don't mind wearing it. I spotted this watch on a watch mag when I was out yesterday @ Borders. On the wrist, it looks BADASS. Not as badass as 187 :lol: but still a watch with an attitude. An attitude with class imo.

The pic in the mag showed a wrist shot with the hand on the gear shift of a SLR. The pic was tiny but it certainly caught my attention and was desperate to find out if & when it will be available to the public. Since it is limited edition, I assume the price will be pretty steep. If it is affordable (have to check wallet haha), I wouldn't mind jumping on this watch. Haven't really been interested in Tags for about close to 15 years? God I am old. :lol:

But this one certainly smiles back at me.

Just found out the price is about EURO3300! :shutup2: Kinda expected. Shucks. I have been saving up for a monster gen PAM and now this one. I guess I have to go down to my local AD and try it on and sees if it smiles back at me then! :lol:

well.. i really like the watch SLR...really nice indeed...wouldn't mind to get it ..but its quite expensive for me tho...im not rich..soo i think i just wait for the reps ...or just admire it by looking at pictures...if anyone get it..enjoyyyyyy...

:):)