When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gmt Hand Not Working?

jacobsen1

Got a GMT-II from Joshua last week. So far I love the watch. But last night I had to reset my watch because I had it 12 hours off (date flipped at noon). When I did this I think the GMT hand was incorrect, but I didn't think much of it. I did make a mental note of what time the GMT hand was at when I reset it though. Well when I got up this AM it was in the same place. I know it's supposed to do one sweep per 24 hours so that's not the problem. It appears to not be moving at all...

So I just set it to 13:30 as it's 8:28 here right now on my watch and I'm eastern standard so it's +5 for GMT time... (This is also to be a note as to what time I set it at so I can be sure if it's moving or not...) So is there anything I should check or redo from when I set it last night to see if that messed something up? Could it have broken? I don't want to email Josh until I know what's wrong with the watch, so any suggestions as to what I can do would be great.

Thanks,

Ben

What movement is in the watch?

Swiss Eta 2836-2 Modified Automatic Movement, GMT Hand independently adjustable

Pull the crown to the second positon, turn it, does the GMT hand move?

Yes, spin it one way the GMT hand moves, the other way changes the date.

Pull the crown to the 3rd position, turn it, does the GMT hand move?

Yes, it moves as I set the time.

The setting of the GMT hand has been this way since I got the watch. I know this isn't the way the gen works, but it was working when I got the watch...

But I just rechecked it and it's not 9:05am here and the GMT hand is a "frog hair" past 14:00 so it is moving now.... Maybe I'm just going crazy... :lol:

I'll keep checking back though to be sure it's moving right. I'm glad I wrote down the time in the OP because I was already questioning when I set it.... :lol:

Link to where I got it.

Thanks,

Ben

If the GMT hand moves when you move the hands in the 3rd position, then it should move all the time.

If the dial washer is missing, the GMT Gear will fall out of engagement with the other gears if the watch is turned over (meaning dial down). You can test this by turing the watch face down, while trying to set the time in the 3rd position. IF the hand does NOT move (the GMT one) then the dial washer is missing...so you may not be crazy after all...

RG

If the GMT hand moves when you move the hands in the 3rd position, then it should move all the time.

If the dial washer is missing, the GMT Gear will fall out of engagement with the other gears if the watch is turned over (meaning dial down). You can test this by turing the watch face down, while trying to set the time in the 3rd position. IF the hand does NOT move (the GMT one) then the dial washer is missing...so you may not be crazy after all...

RG

oooooowwww I'll have to check that... I have to go through security for work everyday, and I remember last night that I set the watch face down....