When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Misting In Dial

alwyn

Hell,

I bought a Tag Heuer link watch from PT only a few days ago but since I have had it,the face of the watch keeps misting up,so much so that its hard to see the dial.I know that this can happen with a sudden change of temp. but this has happened even when the watch is not being worn and has been in a constant even temp. for hours.Can anybody please help.

Thank you

alwyn

well hard to say on chrono, but my suggestion is to open all valves and if u can take the caseback off do so , make sure there isnt alot of sealant on the orings first ,if it looks like ther may have gotten some on the inside of the case then wipe it out , probably not the case but u never know, lol then let it dry out good with the back off , or if u dont get the back off , run a warm hair dryer over it not hot ok till it goes away , let it sit and then close all openings good and see if that took care of it, more than likely when assembled some air got trapped in the case and or some type of sealant has created some moisture in it ,make sure once it is out to tighten that caseback down good and snug

hope this helps, lmk via pm/email if u need more assistance ok

joe

well hard to say on chrono, but my suggestion is to open all valves and if u can take the caseback off do so , make sure there isnt alot of sealant on the orings first ,if it looks like ther may have gotten some on the inside of the case then wipe it out , probably not the case but u never know, lol then let it dry out good with the back off , or if u dont get the back off , run a warm hair dryer over it not hot ok till it goes away , let it sit and then close all openings good and see if that took care of it, more than likely when assembled some air got trapped in the case and or some type of sealant has created some moisture in it ,make sure once it is out to tighten that caseback down good and snug

hope this helps, lmk via pm/email if u need more assistance ok

joe

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JOE FOR YOUR ADVISE,I DID TRY THE HAIR DRIER,I THINK I AM GOING TO HAVE TO SEND IT BACK TO PT THE DEALER WHO I BOUGHT IT FROM.

REGARDS

ALWYN

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JOE FOR YOUR ADVISE,I DID TRY THE HAIR DRIER,I THINK I AM GOING TO HAVE TO SEND IT BACK TO PT THE DEALER WHO I BOUGHT IT FROM.

REGARDS

ALWYN

It might also simply be that the caseback is loose (they nearly always are) and moisture from your sweat has entered the case. I would open her up and let it dry then get some silicon grease to lube the caseback O ring and do it up snug.

• 2 weeks later...
It might also simply be that the caseback is loose (they nearly always are) and moisture from your sweat has entered the case. I would open her up and let it dry then get some silicon grease to lube the caseback O ring and do it up snug.

Just in case anyone else has this problem,I cured mine without having to take the back off,all I did was to loosen the winder on the Tag so as to let air in,then I placed the watch in a sealed container to-gether with one of those silicon gel packs that absorb moisture (They pack them in dvd players ect) and that did the trick,it took two days but now its fine.