When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Santos XL Comprehensive Comparison (Gen,BV,AF,3K,KOR)

Hello everyone! I’m Steve.

Previously, most of my comparison reviews have been focused on Rolex, but this time, I want to change directions and talk about a popular Cartier model—the Santos.

In this review, I’ll be comparing the XL Santos model WSSA0018 and examining how the Gen compares to BVF, KOR, AF, and 3K.

I hope this review can provide some valuable insights for those considering a Santos.

Front View
1.jpg2.jpg

Front View Under Lighting
 1.jpg2.jpg
Due to lighting and angle, there might be slight color differences in the dials across different versions.

To the naked eye, the colors of BV, KOR, and AF are almost identical to the Gen, while the 3K dial appears slightly yellowish.

This could be because it replicates an older version, WSSA0009, or it might be due to different coatings or materials used during replication.

If anyone has more information, feel free to add it in the comments!

Bezel Screw Position
3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
Regarding the screw positions on the left and right sides of the bezel, 3K appears more accurate, while the screws on the other three versions are closer to the bezel edge.

As for the screws at the top and bottom of the case, there are no significant differences among all five.

Crystal View
9.jpg7.jpg8.jpg10.jpg
The Gen crystal sits slightly lower than the bezel, so you can clearly feel the transition between the glass and the bezel when running your finger over it.

In contrast, the crystal on all four replicas is higher than the bezel.

In terms of the frosted area (chamfered edge) of the crystal, AF and 3K have chamfer widths closest to the Gen, followed by BV.

KOR’s chamfer is too transparent, causing distortion in the dial markers in that area.

Dial Markers view

11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg

Overall, the hour markers on BV and 3K are closer to the Gen in terms of thickness and ink application.

while the ink on AF’s markers tends to overflow (confirmed after multiple QC checks, as this issue is present in almost every AF).

Additionally, the “Cartier” logo at the 7 o’clock position is most accurate on KOR.

Other Dial Printing View
22.jpg23.jpg25.jpg24.jpg
At the 12 o’clock position, the “CARTIER” logo on KOR closely matches the Gen in both font shape and ink thickness.

BV has some instances of ink overflow in certain QC samples, while others do not show this issue.

The printing on AF appears slightly uneven, but this may be an isolated case as it wasn’t found in other QC checks.

The font on 3K is slightly thicker than the Gen.

Regarding the “Automatic” and “Swiss Made” text, the Gen’s font is finer, with AF being the closest match.

Date Font View
26.jpg27.jpg28.jpg29.jpg30.jpg31.jpg32.jpg33.jpg34.jpg35.jpg
The date fonts on all four versions are fairly centered, and the background color is a matte silver-gray.

AF and 3K have the most similar matte texture to the Gen, while KOR’s font is slightly larger, and the other three have minimal differences from the Gen.

Central Axis and Hands View
38.jpg36.jpg37.jpg41.jpg39.jpg40.jpg
The central axis on BV and KOR is closer to the Gen, and AF has the best hands, being flat overall with smooth, burr-free tips.

Crown view
44.jpg43.jpg42.jpg
The crown guard shape on KOR differs slightly from the Gen, while the other three are relatively closer.

All four replicas have their crowns positioned slightly lower than the Gen, but the difference is minimal and hard to notice.

For the sapphire on the crown, BV is the closest to the Gen.

Lugs and Case Side
46.jpg45.jpg47-1.jpg48-1.jpg
The overall shape of the lugs shows little difference to the naked eye, but the different polishing chamfer widths on the edges create a visual discrepancy.

When comparing the thickness of the bezel (Arrow positions in Image 3), KOR is closest to the Gen, while the other three have slightly thicker bezels.

However, when comparing the side chamfers (Arrow positions in Image 4), KOR’s edge chamfer is slightly wider, even extending to the side of the case, forming a small flat surface.

Case Back View
49.jpg50.jpg51.jpg
The screw positions on all four replicas are closer to the edge of the case back compared to the Gen.

The Gen watch used in this comparison was produced in 2023, and its engraving differs from the replicas.

Bracelet View
52.jpg53.jpg54.jpg55.jpg56.jpg57.jpg58.jpg
After testing, the entire bracelet and links from all four factories can be interchanged with the Gen.

The bracelet edges on all four are slightly sharp, though 3K’s is slightly better.

3K replicates WSSA0009, with different engraving on the clasp compared to others.

Movement View
59.jpg60.jpg
All four versions use Japanese Miyota movements, but the rotor noise on KOR is quite loud.

BV, AF, and 3K are much quieter, and the rotor noise is barely noticeable during normal wear unless deliberately shaken.

Measurement Data
4.jpg3.jpg6.jpg5.jpg
Note: All watches are measured in a clamped state, and there may be errors due to the slight deviation of the position of the caliper.

Well, today's post is here, thank you guys for watching. If there are any mistakes, please correct me. If there is anything else I overlooked, you can put it up, and I will try my best to complete it. Welcome to comment and exchange!

I will continue to bring you more detailed comparisons between replica watches and GEN’s. And it is also for you to choose the favorite models conveniently.

Illustration: Some photos deviate from the real object due to the light source. For details, please refer to the content. The size of the comparison picture is relatively large, you can download it and enlarge it for comparison.

There is no perfect replica, only the one you prefer.

Thanks.

Steve

Feel free to contact us via the whatsapp.
WhatsApp: + 86 17081934955
Wechat: The5711

• Like 1