When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date Wheel Doesn´t Work After Disassembling Keyless Works

scoobs1971

After pushing the stem release with a too small screw driver I had to open the keyless work of an ETA 2824. I managed to get everything back and tested it with the stem back in.

Setting the time works, winding works. However, the date wheel slips and I can hear that something is not right. I hope someone can help...

(As a back up I think I will order a new movement and use this one for further learning. Guess I´m going to like this..:) )

sounds like u have something not in line with the gears, go look at my breakdown for this and u should see what it is , i dont know the technical terms for these gears and that arm that has to be positioned correctly on the one gear but that is where your problem should lie

hope this helps

joe

Your articles where the reason I got to open the keyless work it in the first place..;)

that arm that has to be positioned correctly on the one gear but that is where your problem should lie

I tried to find this on your pics, but I still don´t know which arm you mean.

I´ve downloaded the ETA2824 Tech Specs. Maybe you can give me the part numbers that should be in line? A pic will also do the trick..

Hope you can help out...