When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Patek Philippe Vintage - Circa 1920s

Corgi

Cool old watch with a excellent old school movement, isn't that called a "Lepine"' movement ? In Switzerland they use such watches on "Ecoles des Horlogerie" (offcourse if available and affordable) they completely "Frank" it as a schoolproject during the complete education, when it's finished with new casing etc. it can be made Geneva Seal, highest standards of quality. A lot of amazing old movements, Brequet/Venus/Patek/Gruen/Blancpain, are put in these so called "School Watches"

If you are selling it mail it to such a school where it can be set for sale on a message board, then it will be renewed, they'll keep you up about progress, afterwards these watches become saught after by movement and perfection freaks but their almost never for sale because of the simple fact that it is the watchmakers' first self made watch.

Naaw... forget selling and be the proud owner of an Patek.

Jack

One thing I am hoping to do is get certified status as an owner of a Patek Philippe, then I can be one of the priviledged few who can subscribe to their magazine and order catalogues online....

For this I need a serial number to be identified with my name... do you think an authorized dealer would be able to do such a thing?

• 6 months later...
Were they repping watches way back then? maybe he got it from EL's great-grandfather :lol:

I remember a post a long time ago where someone (it may have been me for all I remember) linked to an auction catalogue that listed 19th Century reps of Breguet and VC pocket watches. I imagine the first knock offs appeared weeks after the first tru "luxury brand" was created...and I bet that date has a "BC" in front of it.

congrats on your Gen, corgi! Sounds like if there is away to confirm the "school movement" think it may be worth more than $300 since there would be a specialty collectors market for it!