When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Swiss 196 Daylight....bad pushers? any help?

chad

I have a new 7753 daylight and while it keeps good time, the pushers are strange. When I start the chrono the same button cannot be pushed again to stop it. If i push the bottom while it is running it does something to the top button to give it that "click" again and then I can stop it. Sometimes it does not start at all unless i push it a few times and get that "click".

Is there anything that can be done about this? Simple problem or 688 dollar dog? :)

Andrew said to "turn" the pushers........I have no idea what that means.

Any help to fix this problem?

thanks

I don't have the answer but maybe this helps. There are at least two different pusher set-ups for the Daylights. One has the pushers going all the way through the movement spacer into the movement. The other has shorter pushers and a spring loaded extender mounted into the movement. On all my daylights the reset button doesn't work until you press the satrt stop button to stop it. If you just got it then ask to return it. If you have let a fair amount of time pass then send it to one of the Watchsmiths. Ziggy had to do a fair amount of rework on a couple of mine when I was switching cases. For that matter, that quality watch deserves a relume. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I guess on mine it is the opposite. It will not stop until I push the reset button(which while running does nothing)

I just got it but with customs and the pain of sending it back I wanted to check here for simple solutions. It seems to work fine some of the time.

I don't have the answer but maybe this helps. There are at least two different pusher set-ups for the Daylights. One has the pushers going all the way through the movement spacer into the movement. The other has shorter pushers and a spring loaded extender mounted into the movement. On all my daylights the reset button doesn't work until you press the satrt stop button to stop it. If you just got it then ask to return it. If you have let a fair amount of time pass then send it to one of the Watchsmiths. The Zigmeister had to do a fair amount of rework on a couple of mine when I was switching cases. For that matter, that quality watch deserves a relume. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Andrew is correct in a temporary fix. The end of the pushers inside the watch can become (or were at the time of manufacturer) beveled as they are not hard steel. If you turn the top part of the pusher sticking out of the watch by 90 degrees this can move the bad bevel part so that a flatter part is used to push the lever inside the watch.

Hope this helps.

And how did I know this? Because I examine all my watches with complications and lubricate the levers to make them slide easier. In all cases, this has been a great benefit. It was during my inspection of a Navi that I saw the end of the pusher.

Usil