When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

London's K&C fakes!

rag9fx

This past couple of months i have stumbled into two places in one in Kensington and the other in Notting Hill ( Portobello Market to be exact) that are overtly selling incredibly crap fake rolexes surprizingly in up market areas!

The first place i stumbled into was on Kensington High Street . There is a newish 'General Store' which seems to me to be a bit of an indoor market that sells really cheap clothes , shoes, and mobile phone parts. in the mobile phone stall is a small selection of rolexes and cartiers mostly very garish date justs , a couple two tone subs and fantasy models... i was taken aback ... since i have never seen fake watches being overtly in this manner in the UK ( or in most of the EU for that matter). Anyway ... i left amused ... Only to discover while antique prowling a stall in one of the Portabello Rd's Antique Galleries where a guy was selling a really weak sellection of vintage wrist watches only to be supplemented witha larger selection of very [censored] fake rolexes ... and he was wearing one himself ( with pride) !!!!... it really made my stomach turn ... eaaak....

anyway ... enougth of a rant...

hope everyone is having a good week!

Same thing my way, although they tend to be at flea markets/resale shops and usually stashed under the table. My wife and oldest son are avid collectors (not of watches, sadly) but I willingly get dragged around to dozens of flea markets and resale shops a month with the longshot hope of finding some usable parts (a gen PAM dial or 3035 movement that some guy doesn't know he has would be nice) & I'd say about 5% of the time, when I ask if a vendor has any watches or watch part a little tray of street-corner quality reps is produced, although I have also been shown what look to be noobmariners, #2052 111's w/ the old non shaped bridges, and even bought a half decent quatz PP ultra thin for $35 after I laughed at the $100 asking price. I think the idea is probably: I make a decent profit on these. When I get caught I'll get off w/ a warning and then stop.

I very rarely see reps anywhere in south florida anymore. About three years ago I thought I had hit the jackpot. I was at a flea market in lake worth and saw an asian guy standing in front of about 5 6 foot long tables covered with watches. As I walked by I had to do a double take. There must have been 500 watches from seiko to Rolex. I bought several from him one being an automatic vintage Seiko replica for $30.00. After two weeks he was gone. I would venture to guess he got busted.

It is fun to run into this once in a while and pick up a souvenier just for kicks.

When I went to London with my girlfriend, I found a store pretty close to our hotel who sold fake jewlery and watches... among other piles of crap... we stayed at a hotel right next to Kinsington Gardens. Maybe it was the same store? I'm not very familiar with the city, since it only was my third visit, so I can't say how common it is to see such an "open" sale of reps...

/Award