When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA Automatics X hours = x hours running..?

baltic

Just a question that has been puzzling me wee brain. On the ETA autos 2824, 2836 etc does anyone know how long wearing the watch equals running time e.g. I wear it for 3 hours around the house means it'll give the watch X hours of running time? I know it depends on your activity levels in that time period but I mean normal stuff - sitting down, walking around, on PC etc. not running or skiiing.

I've looked through the 101.102 posts from maestro Zig for enlightenment, apologies if I missed it in there. The reason is I have one auto watch a uPO with a ETA 2836 and I like to keep it running, don't want a winder and wear it in the evenings to keep it wound.

Anyhoo no worries if it's not known, just curious.

Ta in advance

Couldn't even guess...if it had a PR indicator it would be easy to come up with a figure...

I think it takes 600-800 or something turns of the rotor to wind the watch fully from a stop, so I would think a normal level of activity durning the day, should result in a fully wound watch at the end of the day...

A simple test, let the watch run down, put it on, set the time and wear it for half a day, note the time when you take it off, and see how long it runs before it stops, that should be fairly accurate guage to go by.

RG

• 3 weeks later...

I found this topic is very interesting so I did a small test on my watch (2836-2 movement).

The watch was completely stop this morning, I put it on wrist for 1 hour for some normal activities (like walk around and typing ....etc ) and then put it back on the table. Since then it had run for another 14 hours until it stop again. I will try to do the same test again.....probably wear it 1/2 hr with similar action next time to see the different effect in power reserve. :)

here's what I got after 4 test....

1/2 hr wrist time >> 9.5 hours running

1 hour wrist time >> 14 hours running

3 hour wrist time >> 28.5 hours running

6 hour wrist time >> 34 hours running