When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! My crown just popped off my PO!

Markus

I was just setting the time on my Ultimate Planet Ocean about 10 minutes ago and the crown just came off in my hands. The stem was unscrewed fully when the crown came off, I screwed it back in before taking this pic...

226608-13080.jpg

All I did was unscrew the crown as usual, wound it fully and then when I went to pull the crown out so as to set the time... Off it popped, no unjust force was used.

Is this any easy fix for someone with no watchsmith skills (Me)? Or is it seriously broken and therefore should I get in touch with the dealer?

I'm a tad [censored] off about this as I've worn the watch pretty much every day since I got it about two months ago and this is probably the third time I've had to wind it/set the time.

Anyway, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

JR

Stem tube (w/spring) de-soldered from the crown.

Crown replacement needed.

Bad quality crown from the source.

Where did you get that watch? (PM me if you prefer)

Stem tube (w/spring) de-soldered from the crown.

Crown replacement needed.

Bad quality crown from the source.

Where did you get that watch?

I got it from Joshua.

So would you say that there's grounds for contacting him and seeing about getting him to rectify the situation?

Edit to Add: Just heard from Joshua and he's going to sort it out for me. Nice one Joshua!

I have a similar problem too. PO ultimate just received TODAY, looks gorgeous and runs smooth; I did unscrew the crown to position 2 for setting date, them to position 3 for setting time... after doing that 3 times, I was unable to rescrew crown guard to original position, it seems the screw of crown was broken off...

I'm considering to get a new original crown guard and case tube from otto frei, anyone can help me just saying if mod is possible and what are the appropiate crown and case tube? Maybe next ones?

Crown guard: Omega Crown 42184 Model 2209.50.00 Part number: 069 ST 42184

http://www.ofrei.com/page_147.html

Case Tube: Omega Case Tube Model 2209.50.00 Part number: 090 ST 1232

http://www.ofrei.com/page1115.html

I'll need a new ETA-2824 stem too?

Many thanks for your help!!!

Edit to Add: Just heard from Joshua and he's going to sort it out for me. Nice one Joshua!

I too may testimont that Joshua stands after his products (and customers) even months after the purchase.

I have a similar problem too. PO ultimate just received TODAY, looks gorgeous and runs smooth; I did unscrew the crown to position 2 for setting date, them to position 3 for setting time... after doing that 3 times, I was unable to rescrew crown guard to original position, it seems the screw of crown was broken off...

I'm considering to get a new original crown guard and case tube from otto frei, anyone can help me just saying if mod is possible and what are the appropiate crown and case tube? Maybe next ones?

Crown guard: Omega Crown 42184 Model 2209.50.00 Part number: 069 ST 42184

http://www.ofrei.com/page_147.html

Case Tube: Omega Case Tube Model 2209.50.00 Part number: 090 ST 1232

http://www.ofrei.com/page1115.html

I'll need a new ETA-2824 stem too?

Many thanks for your help!!!

Surely other members more expert in Omega than me (I am a PAM guy) will help more.

Just, my humble guess is:

- No guarantee that original Omega parts will fit your rep.

- Still, if the original tube is a little thinner than yours, a little glue between the case and the tube will do the trick.

- No need for a new stem.