When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR on crystals?

zetterdawg

I'm about to send off my crystals for an AR application (thanks chieftang)

I don't want to mess up and send him crystals with AR already on them. I looked and they don't look like they have AR on them, but I wanted your expert opinions.

These are the watches:

B&R from josh/andrew, the 46mm version

Breitling Bentley GT

Omega SMP chrono

These are pretty common watches and I was hoping some of you guys could let me know if they have AR or not.

thanks,

Z

I can help on one of them:

Breitling Bentley GT

NO AR

Chieftang's got mine now, when I get it back I will post a pic.

The easiest way for me to tell if AR of not is to look at your watch on your arm in a mirror from a few feet away, if the reflected light is blue it has AR.

Cheers,

M

I'm about to send off my crystals for an AR application (thanks chieftang)

I don't want to mess up and send him crystals with AR already on them. I looked and they don't look like they have AR on them, but I wanted your expert opinions.

These are the watches:

B&R from josh/andrew, the 46mm version

Breitling Bentley GT

Omega SMP chrono

These are pretty common watches and I was hoping some of you guys could let me know if they have AR or not.

thanks,

Z

I can help on one of them:

Breitling Bentley GT

NO AR

Chieftang's got mine now, when I get it back I will post a pic.

The easiest way for me to tell if AR of not is to look at your watch on your arm in a mirror from a few feet away, if the reflected light is blue it has AR.

Cheers,

M

thanks for that. I can compare the crystals to the known bentley GT one as well as running your test. I guess I'll just do my best, unless other people can pipe up and tell me if the B&R or Omega have AR.

thanks again,

Z

If there is an existing coating on a crystal, the coater will return it uncoated and you won't be charged for it. In the first AR run I believe there were two crystals shipped back uncoated for this reason. One was mine, and I was able to remove the coating myself and send it back in run 2. The only concern might be if there is a coating that they don't detect and coat over it. Then I honestly don't know how the result would look.

If there is an existing coating on a crystal, the coater will return it uncoated and you won't be charged for it. In the first AR run I believe there were two crystals shipped back uncoated for this reason. One was mine, and I was able to remove the coating myself and send it back in run 2. The only concern might be if there is a coating that they don't detect and coat over it. Then I honestly don't know how the result would look.

thanks for the info - well I'll do my best and if it gets sent back uncoated I'll just hope you do another AR Run :)

cheers,

Z