When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What colour lume on Chopard Mille Miglia

Rob1

I've got one of the new Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL. Amazing looking watch (even my girlfriend said it looks lovely - normally she says "another bloody watch!"), with a strong blue AR tint, a good date mag and high quality finish all round. The strap and deployent clasp are very nice, and the rubber does smell of vanilla!

Compared to the Steelfish the lume is a bit weak (but better than a couple of other watches I have), and a slightly different colour. In daylight the hands are white and the hour markers have a very very pale green tint to them. In the dark the hands have a slightly brighter lume than the hour markers, and both are a slighter paler green colour than my Ziggified Steelfish. I can't wait until this baby is relumed, it's going to look amazing!

The only issue I have with the watch is that the second hand has a little bit of a stutter as it sweeps around the face (although it keeps very good time, within COSC). I'm hoping that when The Zigmeister services the watch this issue will go away.

Anyone know if the modified Asian 7750 that powers this watch could be replaced by a similarly modified ETA 7750?

I've got one of the new Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL. Amazing looking watch (even my girlfriend said it looks lovely - normally she says "another bloody watch!"), with a strong blue AR tint, a good date mag and high quality finish all round. The strap and deployent clasp are very nice, and the rubber does smell of vanilla!

Compared to the Steelfish the lume is a bit weak (but better than a couple of other watches I have), and a slightly different colour. In daylight the hands are white and the hour markers have a very very pale green tint to them. In the dark the hands have a slightly brighter lume than the hour markers, and both are a slighter paler green colour than my Ziggified Steelfish. I can't wait until this baby is relumed, it's going to look amazing!

The only issue I have with the watch is that the second hand has a little bit of a stutter as it sweeps around the face (although it keeps very good time, within COSC). I'm hoping that when The Zigmeister services the watch this issue will go away.

Anyone know if the modified Asian 7750 that powers this watch could be replaced by a similarly modified ETA 7750?

236732-11064.jpg

above lume shot taken from TZ

Link:

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&th=791042&rid=0#msg_2557315

copy and paste into browser

Edited by steppen

Rob1,

How does the rotor look? Does it really have stickers or is it engraved?

Thanks,

-- m

The movement and the rotor are very nicely finished with perlage and cote de geneve etching, but the Chopard name is with stickers rather than engraving.