When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kirk Rich Dial Refinsihing Any Good?

I am looking to find the best refinishing company to make me a 1680 Red Sub dial. I will be putting it on a gen Rolex Sub Dial. I'm leaning towards Kirk Rich (unless anybody has a better company besides International or Classic Watch Parts). If I may, can I get some input from members that have had Kirk Rich (or someone better) do refinish work for them? The latest refinished dials I am seeing on eBay for $350.00 are fair I guess but still off if one knows what he/she is looking for. I know refinished dials will never be perfect, but I'm trying to find a decent dial that does not scream fake!

Interestingly, Kirk Rich will not supply a photo of their work? Soooo...if anybody has a pict or two of some of their work it would be appreciated along with a cost factor.

I am looking to find the best refinishing company to make me a 1680 Red Sub dial. I will be putting it on a gen Rolex Sub Dial. I'm leaning towards Kirk Rich (unless anybody has a better company besides International or Classic Watch Parts). If I may, can I get some input from members that have had Kirk Rich (or someone better) do refinish work for them? The latest refinished dials I am seeing on eBay for $350.00 are fair I guess but still off if one knows what he/she is looking for. I know refinished dials will never be perfect, but I'm trying to find a decent dial that does not scream fake!

Interestingly, Kirk Rich will not supply a photo of their work? Soooo...if anybody has a pict or two of some of their work it would be appreciated along with a cost factor.

I have never used them, but I have heard they are the best and most expensive in the US. I doubt they will do anything regarding R*lex, except refinish a gen dial. The very best dial refinishing company, Southern Dial, in Texas went out of business. They were the best I have seen and the Swiss Watch Technical Center put me onto them several years ago when I was restoring an Omega Constellation.Don't know who they use now, but it would be interesting to get their input on where to send a watch dial for one of their brands.

I am also interested in hearing about Kirk Rich Dial Company in California or any other dial refinishing company that does really good work.

Thanks for your response.

I've also heard the very best refinishing companies are out of Europe (specifically Germany). I just happen to have a genuine Rolex dial, but not of the 1680 Red. As I don't feel like sending it out to Germany, I am going to send it in to KR, and have them wipe it clean and (hopefully) do their magic! I'll post picts when I get it back along with price.

Edited by Warrcraft

Thanks for your response.

I've also heard the very best refinishing companies are out of Europe (specifically Germany). I just happen to have a genuine Rolex dial, but not of the 1680 Red. As I don't feel like sending it out to Germany, I am going to send it in to KR, and have them wipe it clean and (hopefully) do their magic! I'll post picts when I get it back along with price.

Please share your experience with them. Communications, and time taken to refinish, quality and cost, etc. Look forward to reading your posts about this. If you know of any dial refinishing companies in Germany, either post or send me a PM about them.

Edited by olivia

Guest avitt

Changing the model of the dial to something more valuable is akin to counterfeiting, so I'm really eager to find out if a legitimate business is willing to do this work.

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates on Kirk Rich?

My shop uses them, they are good, but not to genuine standards. Omega uses them for dial refs in the US. If you have a bad vintage dial it will definitely come back looking nice, but it never looks perfect. As far as I know, they are the best available in the states.