When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should i pay US $2,398.87 ? advise needed

kegra

I can't believe that you paid $2,400 for a watch from a guy with 0 feedback, that's the first no-no

Besides that, $2400 for a genuine 183??!! Someone's gonna take a huge bath and for some strange reason, I don't think it's going to be THE ZERO FEEDBACK SELLER :bangin::bangin::bangin:

I didnt, i won the auction but before i reach the pp button i must have solid believe that this guy is going to send a watch, also a trip to UK from were i live via easyjet costs 250$ round trip so i had no problem to pick it up myself.. So i contacted the seller as i wrote in my earlier post and got no relpy...

and today i took this email

----------------------------------------------------

Date: Tuesday, 25 Apr 2006 15:26:23 PDT

Dear xxxxx (xxxx@xxxxx.xxx),

Please be aware that the following listing:

Item Number - 8924434954

Item Title - Officine Panerai Radiomir Black Seal (Pam 183)

has been removed by eBay for breaching of one or more of our policies. Any offers or bids placed on this listing are now null and void. Because the listing was ended, you as a bidder are not required to complete the transaction.

Please review eBay's Listing Policies and User Agreement at the following locations:

--------------------------------------------------

So ebay knocked out that guy and sent me this email ... probably he didnt even pay ebay for the listing.. :p

So this is the end of another to good to be true story..

... and why pay 250 more and fly somewhere just to get this watch???

... because you want to make sure that you are getting the real deal??

If I were to secure a good deal, I dont see the reason not to fork out a few hundred to make sure the transaction runs smoothly and if it means paying for a flight ticket, I would do it. Rather lose a few hundred than a few thousands.

One thing scammers always count on is greed. Ebay, feedback, and suspicious emails aside, if I saw someone selling anything for 65% of what it's worth I take another sip of the Sam Adams, chuckle, and go about my merry way.

Kegra, you're not passing up a great deal so quit beating yourself up over it and let these guys steal from someone else.