When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Winder Question

Corgi

Hello.

I am looking for a single winder to keep my multi-complications Breguet running without my having to wear it. I am looking for a few criteria:

1. Battery Operated

2. Quiet

3. Inexpensive

4. Must be from ebay

5. Must be overall 'good quality'.

If I can hint at the target price, the breguet was 100 bucks US, so this should be considerably less - like 20-40. I saw a few already on the bay, but, I don't want to rush to conclusions as to which is the best one...

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated!

253782-6855.jpg

Not sure about battery operated, but there are some bidirectional ones in ebay that are cheap. I got one and it's very quiet, but it doesn't run on batteries. Just check the descriptions and see if they have any that are battery operated.

Here's one store selling a variety of winders: http://stores.ebay.com/GADGET-BESTBUY

Good luck!

Edited by Jon Doh

I just suppose that those criteria leave out wives and butlers...

Not sure about battery operated, but there are some bidirectional ones in ebay that are cheap. I got one and it's very quiet, but it doesn't run on batteries. Just check the descriptions and see if they have any that are battery operated.

Here's one store selling a variety of winders: http://stores.ebay.com/GADGET-BESTBUY

Good luck!

There's lots of info in archived threads about winders. To sum it up, if you are paying less than $50 per watch to be wound, you are in imminent failure product land. There is almost a straight line relationship between price and reliability in winders.

Thw winders from gadgetbestbuy on the bay are absolute junk and part of the experience from which I speak.