When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT on Asia 7750

AMK000

We have seen many PAMs that are using a (modified ???) asia 7750 for the GMT function.

Are these movements reliable for GMT functions ???

Any synchronisity issues (GMT hand with hour hand) ???

Can somebody pls point me

We have seen many PAMs that are using a (modified ???) asia 7750 for the GMT function.

Are these movements reliable for GMT functions ???

Any synchronisity issues (GMT hand with hour hand) ???

Can somebody pls point me to a link where this issue has been discussed or directly mention experiences here ???

Thank you guys.

AMK0000

Im sure that Repaustria can help you with this question ;)

I was going to ask the exact same thing yesterday. Great minds and all that.

I've been eyeing up the GranTurismo Ferrari Pan with GMT as I don't have any GMTs in my collection. I've been actively avoiding the modified 2836 faux GMT movements, but this alternative caught my attention.

Thanks r11co.

Yes (as per The Zigmeister) it sounds crappy movement ..... same low quality like the 2836-2 mod.

These (asian) guys can't get a GMT movement right.

2893-2 sounds the only option ..... but unfortunately no watches with this in.

I can vouch for the A7750 28.8k GMT movement in my particular example of the Pam 186.

It's scary accurate for a rep. Within 1 sec a day on the wrist, about 3 sec a day on the winder. COSC Easy.

I've used it as a daily wear beater for about 3 monthes now. Anyone who knows me personally knows I'm not gentle with my watches.

I've smashed more than one Saphire crystal, big reason why I don't own any "mineral crystal" or "synthetic" saphire cyrstals.

Pretty much all of my steel sport watches have a big ding or two in the case or on the strap.

I've had two leather straps ripped off my wrist in various actions... once on the 186 GMT i'm praising here; it fell about 12 feet onto concrete as a result.

It's taken my abuse and kept running spot on. I've only had to adjust it to the atomic clock twice since I've had it.

As one can imagine, I don't sell my used watches; I bury them once all traces of life have been squeezed from em... Nanuq Jr I guess.

The GMT hand has tracked accurately with the hour hand since minute one, no issues there.

I wish my 2836-2 rep gmt were this nice. I've got one thats given me nothing but trouble.

I'm to the point that if a GMT rep is available with the A7750, I'll pick that everytime over an ETA 2836-2.

As always in the rep world, each watch is different. It could well be that my next A7750 GMT (prolly a timewalker) will be worthless.

I've had great luck with mine, it came from Andrew.