When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asia 7750 with GMT

r11co

A few questions about these are we are seeing them quite a lot on PAM and Ferrari reps now. Firstly, is this an officially available modification (the info on the 775x range is now password protected on the ETA site). Secondly, has the modification been reproduced faithfully or is this another bodged mod like the 7753 impersonators and the faux GMT 2836s?

It is an officially ETA available 7750 series model, the 7754.

The genuine one is very well made, unfortunatly the Asian copy, does not mimic the Swiss one, it's a totally different design, and a poorly executed one at best...

I am not sure how wide spread the problems with the movement are, I have seen a couple first hand, one of them I could not fix, it was a basket case. Is this enough to say stay away from the model??? I can't say, what I can offer is that servicing the movement, will not fix the issues I have come accross, it's a poor design, with crappy parts, and doesn't work well at all...

RG

the Asian copy, does not mimic the Swiss one, it's a totally different design, and a poorly executed one at best...

I am not sure how wide spread the problems with the movement are, I have seen a couple first hand, one of them I could not fix, it was a basket case. Is this enough to say stay away from the model??? I can't say, what I can offer is that servicing the movement, will not fix the issues I have come accross, it's a poor design, with crappy parts, and doesn't work well at all...

That's what I needed to hear, and sadly exactly what I was expecting. Thanks for the info Rob, much appreciated.

As I've posted elsewhere on this board...

I have a a7750 28.8k with the GMT mod in a pam 186 and its run like a champ for me... super accurate and very durable.

i'm guessing that like every other rep, this one is hit or miss.

I got lucky with a hit.