When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch repair Technician in South Florida

can anyone recommend a watch repair technician in Palm Beach, Broward or Miami Date County who will not screw me with charging $500 for it?

I have a gen Rolex 1675 that I flooded and needs to be serviced.

I also want him/her to water seal a rep (Omega PO or Rolex SDW) I plan to buy.

thanks

David

I bring my genuine watches to Ira at Brecashe in Boynton beach. They do great work and have a Rolex certified tech. They also give you a 1 year warranty for the work. They are not cheap as no Rolex certified tech that uses genuine parts would be. They are however reasonable. Regular service should run around $350.

As for the reps, he has sized several rep Omega and Rolex bracelets for me. Some at no charge. They are not an AD but do sell pre owned gens. As for opening them up and knowing for sure they were fake, all you can do is ask.

If your flooded watch needs new parts $500 is probably not out of line.

Of all the flooded watches I have worked on, they were all total write off's...not one had any salvageable or usable parts.

If indeed the watch is flooded, the odds of the movement being usable again, is slim to none...your looking at a lot more than $500 for this job, since you probably need a whole new replacement movement. You can't clean or service rust.

RG