When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ready for first "base" PAM w/ mods.

maxse

All right everyone. I have been readon and reading and I am ready for my first PAM finally. BUT I need your help in obtaining that "perfect" PAM.

----------

It needs to be a base and by that I mean just the second hand, no chronos or anything.

Has to be SS nice and shiny :)

Dont care if it is a Sausage or a Sandwich Dial

I am willing to do the mods necessary...

----------

Now here is what I have come up with. I was about to get a fully modded 111H even with the fonts stained to the correct off-white color. BUT then realized the problem with the "Officine Panerai" writing on the back of the movement. This watch is going to cost a bit more then usual reps due to the mods, so I do not want to have such an easy tell...

So I figured I would get one with a closed caseback and a sausage dial. 005, perfect... Except the fact that the Panerai logo is not as slanted as it should be and as a result is not pointing in between the letters. In addition the font color is white and it is impossible to stain it to the off-white color that it should be b/c its a sausage dial?

Finally I stumbled on here and realized that there is a different older model. The 001B which incorporates a sausage dial, no logo, closed caseback, and a polished CG (perfect since I prefer the polished one).

However I am not sure if the fonts on this one are correct to the gen in their color. Also Baloba mentioned that dealers aren't carrying a "true" 001b rep anymore, and are just using all parts (ie: incorrect caseback, cg, crystal, etc...). So now I am stuck and I need your help. Im willing to send it off to one of our mod experts for modding but this is going to cost me, so I want to make sure I get an accurate rep as a result. I apologize about the long post but perhaps this can be used for reference by other people looking to achieve the same thing. Thanks in advance.

Edited by maxse