When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NYC GTG

eddhead

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How will we know who we are? I know "we don't need no stinkin' badges" but how about a name tag? I hate 'em generally, but trying to figure out who we are, assuming we can decide on a place to meet, in the middle of NYC might be somewhat of a challenge. Idea below. Scale to suit.

post-4211-1182520707_thumb.jpg

so let's start picking a date. Please PM me with your availability from 7/10 to 7/15. We'll try to accomodate everyone.

i'm available all day, except for the 10th and the 15th (obviously). I leave sometime around 8 on the 15th, so I'd rather do it on one of the other days! The trip to NY is for pleasure only, which means I will only be going to museums, clubs and bars. If you guys find a date=time that suits all of you good (assuming you all have a job and work during the week) I will arrange all my other plans accordingly.

As for recognizing each other, when I meet with Thor, we both told us what we were going to wear that day and it worked out pretty good. Other than that, if we make a reservation for a table, I'm sure the waitress will direct us all to the same table! We just need to know the name the reservation was made in, right? I'm also sure there wont be too many guys around wearing Hublots and Pams :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Or we could just exchange pictures of ourselves. I already posted one of myself somewhere in the forums.

Sounds like a chill place. What's it called? Im always willing to try new places and the idea sounds pretty cool to me.

A friend just re-opened a once popular club, which hit hard times in the mid nineties. I am a silent partner in the deal (1/2 $). Anyway, it is his vision and so far (6 weeks in), the place is hot. The basic tenet of the place is steaks and naked sushi bar. Interesting combo. I've been around the forums for a couple of years, but rarely (if ever), do I post. Let me know when you are looking to have this NYC GTG, how many people are anticipated to show, and it can be held at the club. This way, you'll be able to get a lot, but not pay NYC prices.... Its a possibility and its available to you guys. Either way, I would like to make it to the GTG and get to put some faces with the names of people whose opinions & discussions I respect and enjoy!

A friend just re-opened a once popular club, which hit hard times in the mid nineties. I am a silent partner in the deal (1/2 $). Anyway, it is his vision and so far (6 weeks in), the place is hot. The basic tenet of the place is steaks and naked sushi bar. Interesting combo. I've been around the forums for a couple of years, but rarely (if ever), do I post. Let me know when you are looking to have this NYC GTG, how many people are anticipated to show, and it can be held at the club. This way, you'll be able to get a lot, but not pay NYC prices.... Its a possibility and its available to you guys. Either way, I would like to make it to the GTG and get to put some faces with the names of people whose opinions & discussions I respect and enjoy!

also, and i hate to sould like an idiot, but what is a 'naked sushi bar'?

also, and i hate to sould like an idiot, but what is a 'naked sushi bar'?

It looks like the 14th is the best day for most people.. if not you, speak now or forever hold your... whatever it is you are best at holding... :)

anyway, mattlarry, can you providea bit more detail on the club you referenced, i.e. name, location, etc... exactly what is a "naked sushi bar" (sorry about being so stupid) For those who do not eat sushi, i understand they also serve steaks.. is the cuisine a problem for anyone?

Jetons' idea about little italy is a good one too.. in addition, i have an aquaintance who ows a few resturants in the NYC.. I can approach him as well..

Thanks, Edd

14th is fine with me.

I think at a naked sushi bar you have a naked women on a table with all the food on her genitals, breasts, etc. not 100% sure if he meant that though!

i wont eat sushi, but i'm fine with it as long as there serve anything else besides seafood! i'm also not sure if i want to eat a steak off an unknown womens vagina lol but i guess you have to try everything once, except for the one thing we wont talk about!

I will have to take a pass. I am not generally in the city on weekends and have another weekend later in the month where I need to be in the city. Slay I will PM you and we can do lunch during the week. As for you other NYC residents there may well be another opportunity later in the month for me to meet those I don't know when another esteemed member will be in town. ;) Everyone have a blast though. It sounds like a lot of fun. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if so many cant make it on the 14th, we can do it during the week, cant we? I mean is there anyone who could NOT make it on the 10th 11th 12th or 13th?

It would be very helpfull if everyone that wants to attend could post dates and especially times where he can make it!

@kruzer yes, that would be nice if we could do that. i still hope we can manage to put our g2g on a date where everyone can make it.

so, please everyone, let us know when you can make it :)

for what it is worth ... i am flying to Ny on the 11th but i am off again to Vegas on the 12th and will be back on the 17th .....

Will the 10th work for everyone?

OK guys we need to nail this. It does not loook like the 10th works for Ragfx so my suggestion is to shoot for the 11th which to tell you the truth is better for me too.

I never heard back from Mattlarry on the steak/sushi thing. We can go with Jetson's suggestion (little italy) but I would like to propose a resturaant on Cuban place on 8th between 55th and 56th called Azucar. An aqauntance of mine (lives in my building) owns the place and promised to take care of us, and we can probably get private room. Question: does anybody have any objections to Cuban??

So far, i have the following potential's

Fwatch

Jetsons

Slay

Lionsandtigers

Kruzer

Oakland

Ragfx

eddhead

Please let me know if you can make the 11th and if you prefer Cuban or Little Italy.

Thanks, Ed.

Guys,

In order to secure a room in the cuban restuarant, I will need to know if the cuisine and date (11th) works for everyone so I can give the owner a sense as to how many people will be attending. If not, we can always do little italy. But if you know, please get back to me as soon as possible so we can lock this up.

thanks, ed

fine with me aswell (is cuban food legal in the US? i kno cuban cigars&rum arnt lol, just had some fun at a tobacco shop the other day with the sales person there). could we please nail this now? i have no idea if i can get online again before the 11th (i just paid 12 bucks at this internet cafe here!).

i dunno if i pm'ed you my cell # or not, i'll just send it to you again. would be cool if you could text or call me on the 10th some time and let me know if its final and what time etc. or have kruzer call me, i think i gave him my number, too!

and can you maybe send a PM to everyone, eddhead?

edit: oh i forgot, could anyone please bring a bigbang (kruzer maybe?) i just looked at one at an AD and i wanna see how it compares to the rep.

fine with me aswell (is cuban food legal in the US? i kno cuban cigars&rum arnt lol, just had some fun at a tobacco shop the other day with the sales person there). could we please nail this now? i have no idea if i can get online again before the 11th (i just paid 12 bucks at this internet cafe here!).

i dunno if i pm'ed you my cell # or not, i'll just send it to you again. would be cool if you could text or call me on the 10th some time and let me know if its final and what time etc. or have kruzer call me, i think i gave him my number, too!

and can you maybe send a PM to everyone, eddhead?

edit: oh i forgot, could anyone please bring a bigbang (kruzer maybe?) i just looked at one at an AD and i wanna see how it compares to the rep.

Given there was only one reply to the Cuban question, thought it would be best to stick to Jetson's suggestion and have the GTG at Da Nico's.

Location is 164 Mulberry Street which is between Grand and Broome. Let's shoot for tommorow at 7.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!!