When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

source for a sapphire replacement crystal

vlydog

Can anyone tell me where I would find a sapphire replacement crystal that does not have AR for an IWC 3717 pilot? I would also need a part number or a more detailed description for ordering.

Pop the crystal, measure it with calipers, and then look for a replacement based on your measurements from a place like OFrei.

If you haven't broken your crystal, and you want the AR gone, use a buffer wheel with white media, or a dremel. It'll take the

AR off in less than a minute.

Thank you for your advice. What I want to do involves a watch I have yet to receive. This is all in preparation for mods that will be done later this summer. I would actually like to go ahead and purchase an extra crystal without AR. My plan was to put it through with Chieftang's next run. I don't have the watch so I can't just pop off the crystal and measure it. If anyone knows the size and parts number for this crystal I would be grateful. IWC 3717 pilot.

Best regards, vlydog

Aha. I actually have the same watch on the way to myself.

I'll be doing this mod too, and the ETA datewheels. I asked Chieftang about the next AR run, and he said to just watch for it. If I was you I'd just wait til you get the watch and pop the crystal out. That's what I'll be doing. (Have a watchmaker do it for you if you don't know what you are doing and are nervous about it.)

Aha. I actually have the same watch on the way to myself.

I'll be doing this mod too, and the ETA datewheels. I asked Chieftang about the next AR run, and he said to just watch for it. If I was you I'd just wait til you get the watch and pop the crystal out. That's what I'll be doing. (Have a watchmaker do it for you if you don't know what you are doing and are nervous about it.)

Thank you, I think that is what I will have to do. The trouble seems to be that the Rep cyrstal with have some degree of AR on it already and would have to be removed if you plan on using that crystal. I don't want to do this myself. This is why I planned on getting a seperate non-AR cryatal to send off to chieftang.

Really? Those pics of one with the coated crystal in the "3rd AR" thread looked very nice in comparison to the unmodified pics.

Go to an AD and check the genuine :whistling:

No doubt the Double AR is awesome. Just had 2 done and plan to contribute to the next run as well, but this one is close to genuine AR out of the box. I have handled them at an AD. Ultimately it is personal preference :tu: